The Sioux Falls VA Health Care System is currently recruiting for a Full-time, Permanent, Social Worker (Patient Aligned Care Team) This position will be located at the Sioux City CBOC in Dakota Dunes, SD.Learn more about this agency
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Independently conducts psychosocial assessments.
- Conducts interviews or observes the patient to assess emotional, functional or psychological condition.
- Employs professional processes in using interview, observation, personal histories and other measurement devices in the assessment of a diverse group of clients.
- Independently develops treatment interventions including but not exclusively, crisis intervention, social work case management, education on Advance Directives, grief counseling, guidance, advocacy, supportive counseling, recovery focused counseling and other treatment approaches that may be necessary. He/she utilizes knowledge of family dynamics, developmental theory and interpersonal relationships and system approach to care.
- Coordinates community-based services. Information, referral, and linkage services for both veteran and family members are provided, including VA resources and benefits and non-VA resources and benefits.
- Independently identifies high-risk patients and provides case management services as appropriate.
- Provides crisis intervention for veterans in financial crisis, emotional crisis due to physical or psychiatric conditions, and crises necessitated by a marked change in life style, changes in functioning or environment or social situations. In providing crisis intervention services, the incumbent seeks to address the cause as well as the presenting complaint.
- Coordinates family conferences and serves as liaison to family members as well as treatment planning and transitional planning for veterans while including the treatment/clinical team and family members as indicated/appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains effective therapeutic relationships with veterans and their families. Incumbent is able to independently work with patients and families who are experiencing a variety of psychiatric, medical and social problems utilizing individual, group and family counseling and therapy skills.
- Assists patients in the preparation of materials needed for applications to various agencies for entitlements. Serve as the major consultant for information on negotiating the complex processes patients encounter when interacting with government and community agencies.
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm or 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597795900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.