There are two positions located in R6 on the Wallowa-Whitman and Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forests. There is (1) position in Baker City, OR and (1) in either Colville, WA -or- Wenatchee, WA.Learn more about this agency
The use of incentives may be authorized. Final determination will be made at time of selection and negotiated with management and the selectee.
For additional information, please contact James Brammer at 541-523-1242 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Andrew Hart at 509-470-4134 or email@example.com.
- Provide detailed knowledge on the ecology of the Blue Mountains with an understanding of common objectives for Forest, Rangeland and Aquatic Resources.
- Supervises two other ecologists and will guide annual solicitation of work requests across the three forests.
- Lead decision-making for the group?s Program of Work, prioritize tasks, and oversee delivery of work products.
- Cooperates with research scientists to solve resource management issues related to Forest management objectives.
- Works with various groups to facilitate understanding of forest objectives and assists with working toward solutions for a broad range of issues.
- Communicate regularly with Forest Staff, Line Officers, Program Managers, Resource Specialists, and external partners, in addition to leading or assisting with monitoring training.
Occasional travel - Travel for site visits, meetings, and/or training may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597758300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.