The position is located in IO, ITOPS, Office of Information and Technology (OIT) and serves as the Support Systems Service Line Manager within Support System (SS), responsible for performing managerial and supervisory functions, acting as the alternate for the SS Director and Associate Director, bolstering operations, providing direction, guidance and oversight on all aspects of operations department-wide and ensuring policies, standards and guidelines are implemented across all such systems.Learn more about this agency
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement.
We will not review applicant resumes until there is a request to fill a vacancy.
You are applying to a public notice to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies when you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur. You will not receive a notice regarding your application's status other than the initial acknowledgment until a request is received to fill a position.Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, we will review applicants in increments of 100 in application date order. We will refer qualified applicants to the selecting official for consideration. The organization's hiring need will determine the referral of additional applicants. Applicants will be notified about their application's status if referred or if we fill all vacancies.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code - 451- Systems Administrator
OPM-Cyber Code - 752- Cyber Policy & Strategy Planner
OPM Cyber Code - 801- Program Manager
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website:https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position. Employee will be working remotely from home.
Position Description Title/PD#: 18989A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary in nature. No special physical demands are required.
- Oversees and assists all facets of the OIT Support Systems portfolio of services to include coordinating the activities of the sub-organizations within SS to assure strategic planning, tactical planning, project execution, operations, administrative, fiscal, acquisition, staffing, and communications commitments are met.
- Oversees Support Systems operations workflows throughout Support System and works with other staff and stakeholder throughout the VA enterprise to standardize Support Systems processes.
- Facilitates cross-organizational workgroup coordination in monitoring and managing multidisciplinary assumptions, constraints, risks and dependencies, and, when appropriate, shepherding through various governance structures to enable Infrastructure Operations Support Systems mission success.
- Utilizes highly specialized knowledge in long range and annual work planning and IT capabilities to advise on the proposed formulation, management, and execution of program resources (personnel and funding) and other management matters through an understanding of requirements and policies based on capabilities and resources.
- Budgets and manages a stable, multi-year resource base for personnel, administrative support, and contract funds for products and services to ensure Support Systems program continuity and effectiveness.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597736100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.