This announcement will fulfill multiple vacancies withinAir Force Elements, U.S. Transportation Command, Transportation Command to include the Chief of the Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) Protection and Sustainment Branch, and the Chief of the Network Operations and Maintenance Branch.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under DoD Modified Direct Hire Authority, Section 1109; PL, 116-92, dated 12/20/2019 .
As a Supv IT Cybersecurity Specialist at the NH-2210-4 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Plans, organizes, and directs cybersecurity or information network activities ensuring the Command complies with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs.
- Develops organization level cyber security policies and directives, such as executive Fragmentary Orders (FRAGORD), Operation Orders (OPORD), Communication Task Orders (CTO) and/or policy letters that fulfill USTRANSCOM cyber security priorities (Chief, CSSP Protection and Sustainment Branch).
- Provides security engineering technical analysis and recommendations for unique and emerging technologies in support of the Command's Corporate Services Vision and services oriented architecture (Chief, Network Operations and Maintenance Branch).
- Represents USTRANSCOM at senior-level meetings, conferences, and exercises to articulate and advocate USTRANSCOM and JDDE related cyberspace operations, defense architecture, policy, and operational positions. Ensures integration of required capabilities into supported Combatant Command OPLANS and real world contingencies.
- Establishing, advocating, and maintaining a cybersecurity vision, standards and strategy to increase Mission Assurance and ensure cyber assets and information technologies are protected.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597704400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.