This position is located in the Financial Management Division, Strategic Planning Office, Deputy CIO for Business Management and Planning, Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM/BMP/SPO/FMD), in the U.S. Department of State (DOS). FMD is responsible for the formulation, presentation and execution of the Bureau’s budget including the coordination of resource planning and the allocation and usage of funds within the Bureau.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as Budget Analyst for operating budget in executing all phases of budget program planning and analysis that include budget formulation, presentation, and execution.
- Analyzes and evaluates plans, financial data and accomplishment of budget estimates and program objectives and prepares updates, analyses and recommendations related to budget justifications.
- Recommends priorities for allotting funds to Offices or the reprogramming of funds between allotments when necessary; initiates requests when higher authority is required to reprogram funds.
- Performs assignments that extend to the review, evaluation and execution of multiple and complex funding arrangements for programs that are large in scope, complexity and difficulty.
- Performs budget administration functions in the execution of an annual appropriated funds budget for a major organizational segment or program.
- Participates in or personally conducts financial and budgetary management surveys and studies which are designed to evaluate and improve the Bureau’s budget and financial structure and its financial systems, methods and procedures.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597686900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.