You will serve as an Accountant in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Financial Management Division (FMD), ensuring financial integrity to include responsibility for ensuring resources are effectively used toward the achievement of NASA's strategic plan and missions.Learn more about this agency
- Directs preparation and submission of agency financial reports.
- Analyzes and reconciles accounts for agency programs.
- Implements business-driven quality and process improvement approaches for financial operations.
- Advises the division accountants and analysts in the continuing study, revision, improvement, or adjustment of the agency's accounting system.
- Formulates and develops policies, procedures, guidelines; incorporate statues, regulations and accepted accounting principles and standards to support and guide agency's operations.
- Provides professional advice on the interpretation of account regulations and impact of new legislation or program initiatives.
- Plans, directs and coordinates the implementation and execution of approved policies, programs and services related to accounting systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597606300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.