The Office of the Inspector General of the Intelligence community (IC IG) was established within the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) by the Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010. The IC IG's organizational divisions include Audit, Investigations, Inspections and Evaluations, Mission Support, the Center for Protected Disclosures, and Counsel to the Inspector General.
The Mission Support Division provides management and administrative support to the entire IC IG office. The Mission Support Division is composed of multidisciplinary officers who provide expertise in financial management; human capital and talent management; facilities and logistics management; continuity of operations; administration; classification; Freedom of Information ACT and Privacy Act requests; information technology; communications; and, quality assurance. The Division also provides executive support to the Intelligence Community Inspectors General Forum and its associated committees.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (MDRs)
The Director of Technology is a new position within the IC IG. The incumbent will have substantial responsibilities related to the IC IG's technical strategy, business application development, and use and oversight of new and emerging technologies. The Director of Technology will provide guidance and expertise on the IC IG's efforts to remain current with technological advancements, and make recommendations to leverage technology investments and capital to meet the IC IG's mission and goal. The IC IG is a relatively small-sized office with a large statutory mandate to provide independent and objective oversight of all programs and activities within the responsibility and authority of the DNI. We are very passionate about what we do - we believe in our intelligence oversight mission and our core values of integrity, independence, commitment, diversity, and transparency. We are looking for someone who shares these core values and will apply them to our technology efforts. If you believe in the mission of effective and objective intelligence oversight, are committed to excellence, and are looking for an opportunity to have a positive and enduring impact on the United States Intelligence Community, this is the place for you.
We are looking for the Director of Technology to provide sound and cutting edge technical guidance and expertise as part of our mission to provide effective and objective intelligence oversight across the Intelligence Community. You will communicate with the workforce and senior leaders across the Intelligence Community, other intelligence oversight professionals, intelligence oversight committees, and other interested stakeholders to ensure intelligence oversight technologies and personnel stay current and effective. Strategic thinking, superior technical skills, strong business acumen, and exceptional inter-personal skills are essential in this role. The ideal candidate for this position is well versed in current technological trends, data analytics, and emerging technologies, particularly artificial intelligence (AI). If you are also an excellent communicator, writer, and public speaker, we would like to meet you.
The incumbent in this position will:
- Serve as the IC IG's subject matter expert in and advise IC IG personnel on cybersecurity, cyber incident response, computing, computer network coordination, IT, data analytics, and emerging technologies, particularly AI.
- Assist in establishing the IC IG's strategic plan for IT and emerging technologies, including goals for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the IC IG's operations through the application of IT and emerging technologies, and in identifying opportunities to support efficient community-wide collaboration and to promote an integrated IT environment.
- Assess the financial aspects of the IC IG's technology development, implementation, and maintenance; and analyze and make recommendations to the IC IG's senior leadership on how to best allocate funds for technologies, personnel, and training.
- Provide support to audits, inspections, evaluations, investigations, or special projects involving complex cybersecurity, IT, data analytics, and AI programs or activities.
- Provide leadership and/or oversight to complex IT projects or programs that may include ill-defined requirements, ambiguity, parallel tasks, multiple dependencies, high risks, and multiple interfaces; ensure alignment with strategic objectives; lead the definition and review of IC IG and stakeholder requirements; ensure plans and schedules are developed and followed throughout the life of the project.
- Serve as the IC IG's liaison to the Intelligence Community Inspectors General Forum, the Council of Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE), and other stakeholders to advance cybersecurity, IT, data analytics, and emerging technology initiatives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597487000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.