The Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences in the Federal Government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. Current students who are scheduled to graduate within nine months may also apply to these positions. However, these students cannot be appointed until after graduation and the official degree has been awarded and conferred.Learn more about this agency
- As a trainee, performs duties which are designed to orient the employee in the application of academic theories and basic natural resources principles to a variety of work situations
- Assignments may be similar to those assigned to nonprofessional employees, but such tasks are primarily for training purposes, or to relieve higher grade specialists of routine work.
- Receives formal and on-the-job instructions and training to familiarize functions and operations of the organization and to provide experience in the practical application of natural resources principles, theories, methods, techniques and practices.
- Inspects recreation sites and assists with the development of a wide range of recreation and trail plans and permits.
- Participates in the development of environmental assessments and/or impact statements to formulate natural resource management recommendations and/or conclusions.
- Applies geospatial technology to work performed in support of a natural resource management organization.
- Collects and analyzes biological data pertaining to natural resources and environmental program activities.
- Performs assigned phases of fire management, including serving as a member of a fire suppression crew.
- Participates in assigned phases of unit administration such as budgeting and personnel management.
- Drafts, reviews, and publishes natural resource plans, reports, compliance documents, evaluations and inspections.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597449600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.