What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
- GS-07: $47,895 (Step 01) to $62,266 (Step 10);
- GS-09: $58,585 (Step 01) to $76,160 (Step 10);
Open to all Status Candidates: USGS-DEN-21-11072671-ST-MBA Learn more about this agency
As a Geophysicist within the Geologic Hazards Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Analyzing and evaluating earthquake locations, magnitudes, and other source parameters.
- Working with a of a team of 24/7 on-duty seismologists to quickly locate and compute magnitudes and other parameters for significant earthquakes throughout the world using interactive computer systems.
- Researching and documenting information about earthquake damage and other societal effects from recent earthquakes from the media, humanitarian relief agencies, and government agencies.
- Interpreting digital seismograms from the Advanced National Seismic System (ANSS) and other seismic networks.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597392700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.