The position of Management Analyst is located within the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Account Management Office. The Account Management Office coordinates and facilities all aspects of information technology (IT) operations on behalf of VHA's business owners and the Office of Information and Technology (OI&T). The incumbent provides full and complete support to Service Coordination and serves as a mid-level advisor on IT operations.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. We will not review applicant resumes until there is a request to fill a vacancy.
You are applying to a public notice to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies when you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur. You will not receive a notice regarding your application's status other than the initial acknowledgment until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, we will review applicants in increments of 100 in application date order. We will refer qualified applicants to the selecting official for consideration. The organization's hiring need will determine the referral of additional applicants. Applicants will be notified about their application's status if referred or if we fill all vacancies.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
- OPM Cyber Code - 802, IT Project Manager
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: Management Analyst/ 2671A, 2672A, 2673A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is predominantly sedentary and does not require any special physical effort ; But requires walking , bending, and lifting. the work requires considerable use of a video display terminal and extensive typing. Travel may be required and the performance of duties to attend meetings and conferences. Physical demands associated with airlines and automobile travel include driving , walking , bending, twisting , and lifting. Incumbent may be required to work a rotating schedule that includes nights Holidays and weekends.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-13. At the GS-11 and at the GS-12 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-13. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Coordinate and lead reviews conducted to measure system performance based on established work statements including Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Operating Level Agreements (OLAs), and any other contract documents used in format IT Service Level Management, that defines the scope of work in terms of products, services, an infrastructure to be delivered to VHA's national healthcare environment.
- Serve as a mid-level advisor to the director, service coordination and staff on the level and quality of support provided by OI&T's Field Operations Office. The incumbent will prepare written recommendations on reasonable service approaches that address anticipated or noted service deficiencies.
- Creates essential components in support of data calls, design survey instruments, methodologies and/or analysis tools, collects information, provides analysis, interprets results for reporting an recommends action. Assist in formatting measurement criteria and specified subject matter areas to develop key performance measures.
- Coordinates with VHA OI customers and the appropriate entity within OI&T to document the production and disaster recovery environment business needs of VHA. Ensures contingency planning/continuity and of operations efforts in mission critical areas are documented in the appropriate SLAs and are wide enough in scope to include but not limited to medical center infrastructures VISTA/HealtheVET, help desk, network operations, and server and security operations.
- Assists the Director and other Account Management Office staff in developing VHA recommended positions on program issues including the determining and impacts new VA policy may have on VHA business strategies related to the deliver of patient care services and medical research.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597309100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.