What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
Salary: $140,428 (Step 01) to $172,500 (Step 10);
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
This is an interdisciplinary position and is being advertised concurrently with the following announcements:
Open to current or former Federal employees: USGS-DEN-21-11077941-ST-BWB
As a Center Director within the Geologic Hazards Science Center (GHSC), some of your specific duties will include:
- Ensure effective supervision and development of all GHSC staff, resolve personnel problems and take necessary disciplinary action as necessary.
- Manage GHSC resources in accordance with applicable policies and good management practice and ensure acquisition and distribution of resources to effectively support GHSC staff and objectives
- Develop GHSC scientific programs/strategies and foster integrated science partnerships within GHSC and with other USGS, government, and private science entities
- Actively establish and maintain contacts with external organizations and ensure dissemination of critical information throughout GHSC
- Represent GHSC, Rocky Mountain Region, and USGS at national and regional meetings, seminars and conferences and actively and equitably represent and advocate for all GHSC scientists and scientific capabilities
25% or less - You may be expected to travel an average of 5 nights per month
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597187900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.