This position is located on the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest in Elk City, Idaho.Learn more about this agency
This position performs a variety of work in support of the unit wilderness/recreation program.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Jeremy Harris at 208-839-2109 or email@example.com.
- Responsible for developing and carrying out operating plans for wilderness maintenance, rehabilitation, reconstruction, and construction projects based on approved plans.
- Develops and monitors the logistics required for completion of wilderness projects and non-wilderness projects associated with trail maintenance and reconstruction.
- Participates in the identification and planning for future trail construction, reconstruction, maintenance, and restoration projects.
- Defines inventory and monitoring data needed to assess wilderness conditions.
- Maintains records of visitor use levels, and types and patterns of use.
- Administers a recreation area with responsibility for developing and carrying out operations plans for the use, improvement and maintenance for developed and dispersed recreation sites.
- Implements wilderness, and/or trail and bridge construction and reconstruction projects.
- Initiates public contacts in the field to enhance the user's wilderness experience and protect the wilderness resource through dispersal of information.
- Trains crews in wilderness and trails construction and revegetation techniques.
- Serves as a Forest Protection Officer (FPO).
- Conducts investigations, collects evidence and prepares case reports on violations.
- Monitors and inspects contracted work verifying it meets the provisions of the contract.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required for training, meetings and site visits. Overnight camping will be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597128200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.