This position is located in the Agricultural Research Service, National Clonal Germplasm Repository unit, in Corvallis, OR.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as curator of the collection of temperate tree fruit and nut species providing technical direction and guidance in producing high quality, well characterized germplasm and conducting research on the maintenance, taxonomy, systematics, characterization, pathology, enhancement and evaluation of germplasm.
- Preserves and propagates genetically identified, vigorous, pathogen negative plants of temperate fruit, nut, mint and hop active collections.
- Provides phenotypic and genotypic characterization of the accessions to the collection accomplished through direct approach or in collaboration with other scientists.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies relating to repository activities.
- Provides summary reports and explanations of implemented changes to a Research Leader.
- Works with the supervisor in developing proposals to acquire plants for both national and international germplasm collection trips.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597038800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.