This is a temporary appointment not to exceed 9/30/21.Learn more about this agency
The IT Specialist (Policy/Planning) reports to the Deputy Chief Information Officer, Information Technology Account Manager for Health and ensures OIT resources are aligned with customer strategic objectives, goals, priorities and that customers receive prompt support in resolving day-do-day IT operational issues.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. Applicant resumes will not be reviewed until there is a request to fill a vacancy. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur.
You will not receive a notice regarding the status of your application other than the initial acknowledgement until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, the first 100 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application, if referred and/or if all vacancies have been filled.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
- 801 - Program Manager
- 802 - IT Project Manager
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Policy/Planning)/ 177880
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Telework: Available; as determined by agency policy
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary, although some slight physical effort may be required.
- Direct or facilitate intake and prioritization of customer organization requests.
- Determine the cause or nature of customer problems (e.g., IT architecture, hardware, software, organization, processes, resourcing, etc.).
- Develop and implement resolutions in line with Federal regulations and guidelines as well as customer and Enterprise-wide standards, plans, goals, and objectives.
- Maximize the coherence and effectiveness of an integrated IT Enterprise.
- Review IT Business Case exhibits related to assigned portfolios to ensure compliance with OMB and Department guidelines in areas such as integration, interoperability, platform independence, and suitability for a service-oriented architecture environment.
Occasional travel - You will be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597019700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.