This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD IG). The incumbent of this position will work within the Office of the Deputy Inspector General for Investigations (IG INV), Defense Criminal Investigative Service (DCIS), Cyber Field Office.Learn more about this agency
As an Investigative Analyst GS-1805-11/12, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Monitor, coordinate, analyze and evaluate complex and law enforcement sensitive data from criminal investigations
- and operations (i.e. product substitution, terrorism, tech transfer, major theft, cybercrime/intrusions, e-business, environmental, kickbacks, and healthcare).
- Analyze, review and compile criminal investigative data to discern trends or pertinent trends or pertinent investigative case characteristics.
- Research information systems, commercial and legal publications, and other law enforcement and compliance database systems.
- Maintain situational awareness of current and emerging cyber crime issues relating to the DoD.
- Reviews cyber incident reporting to assist with case development based on management direction and Cyber Field Office strategy.
- Maintain expert level competency in investigative databases and law enforcement analysis techniques, policies and methodologies.
- Prepare data trend analysis and/or abnormality reports for dissemination to DCIS organizational components, management and field activities.
- Maintains working knowledge of DCIS investigations and conducts trends analyses to formulate lessons learned and best practices applicable for future investigations.
- Provide advice and guidance to DCIS field agents concerning investigative data and trends and to other programs within the Cyber Field Office.
- Collaborate with DCIS analyst and criminal investigative analysts from other organizations to share information and investigative data analysis strategies.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597005300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.