This position is an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) in the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT). This position assists in planning and implementing the Cyber Security program for all FHWA offices and locations. Specifically, the ISSO ensures that applicable cybersecurity policies are implemented for FHWA information systems and applications and that operational security posture consistent with current security policy is maintained.Learn more about this agency
The IT Specialist (ISSO will:
- Assess the security impacts of system modifications and technology changes
- Provide recommendations and guidance to system owners and developers
- Review systems to identify potential security weaknesses and vulnerabilities
- Recommend enhancements to improve the security posture of systems
- Ensure successful and timely completion of authorization and accreditation activities
- Identify and manage Plan of Action and Milestones to address weaknesses, risks and vulnerabilities of systems
- Interpret security controls requirements and ensure applicable controls are implemented for systems
- Ensure all systems security documentation is kept up-to-date, accurate and complete
- Assist the Information System Security Manager with the execution of the agency’s IT Security Program.
Ideal Candidate :The ideal candidate is a senior level IT Specialist with extensive experience performing technical cybersecurity functions/duties for software applications/systems. He/she is highly analytical, possesses strong communications skills and has a proven track record of balancing business needs with security requirements. He/she must possess an active Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certificate. A comprehensive working knowledge of federal laws, Executive Orders, regulations, policies, and guidelines pertaining to IT security in the federal government is essential.
Occasional travel - Some travel will be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596984800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.