THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: G1, Niantic, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to provide oversight, planning, interpretation, and application of policy. Provide final review and validation of subordinate products for presentation to senior leadership, and produce and issue guidance to lower echelon units and commands. Work is to be performed in one or more of the following Health Systems work areas: Tricare, Military Medical Support Office (MMSO), Line of Duty/Incapacitation (LOD/INCAP), Medical Operational Data System (MODS), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Certification, Warrior Transition Unit/Active Duty Medical Extension/Medical Retention Processing (WTU/ADME/MRP2), and Medical boards.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for oversight administration and implementation of policies pertaining to state medical affairs, and exercise of programs in one or more of the following areas: Line of Duty (LOD) Investigation Program, Incapacitation Pay Program, Active Duty Medical Extension (ADME) Program, MOS Medical Review Board (MMRB) Program, Medical Disqualification Program, Follow up Health Care Program, Medical Claims Processing Program, Medical Travel and Orders Program, Medical Evaluation Board (MEB), Physical Evaluation Board (PEB), Soldier Readiness Processing (SRP), demobilization coordination with Post Deployment Health Re-Assessment (PDHRA).
- Coordinates with the Human Resources Command (HRC), National Guard Bureau (NGB), the Military Medical Support Office (MMSO), Tri-Care, Regional Medical Command, the Military Treatment Facilities (MTF), the Medical Evaluation Board (MEB), Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Offices (PEBLO), Regional Army Commands, State and regional counterparts, and members at all unit levels.
- Serves as the advisor to the Supervisory Human Resources Specialist on issues of health care, sources of healthcare, and medical aspects of Soldier readiness.
- Manages the funds associated with the appropriate programs and provides accounting for expenditures as required.
- Responds to inquires and various correspondence within respective areas and ensure maintenance of an action file for all responses.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596905500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.