The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a first level supervisor to a geographically dispersed workforce, providing planning, directing, organizing, and exercising control over nonsupervisory GS 2210 series employees (grades GS 09 -13 assigned to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office Information Technology (OIT), IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO), Infrastructure Cybersecurity Management (ICSM).Learn more about this agency
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
- OPM Cyber Code: NCWF Code: 461 - Systems Security Analyst
- OPM Cyber Code: NCWF Code: 752 - Cyber Policy and Strategy Planner
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website(https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not available
Telework: Available; as determined by agency policy
Virtual: This is a virtual position (Must work at a VA facility)
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Cybersecurity Specialist (INFOSEC)/PD18433A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and to attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Some employees may carry light items, such as papers, books, or small parts, or drive a motor vehicle. The work does not require any special physical effort. Subject to call back outside tour of duty.
- Plans, coordinates, implements and completes mission related work assigned to the division along with managing, maintaining and securing major IT office systems throughout the department.
- Direct and manage technical teams in the daily operations and maintenance of systems and infrastructure.
- Display direct management responsibility for administrative, operational, and planning activities of the staff and programs assigned providing direct supervision to all assigned staff to include team leaders.
- Monitor and/or manage appropriate performance measures and indicators to assess the overall success of the office.
- Directs and assigns special projects and studies to subordinates based on priorities and the ability of the assignees and evaluates the performance of the subordinates on assigned projects.
- Evaluate, implement, and disseminate IT security tools and procedures.
Supervisory Probationary Period: Applicants selected for this position, may be required to serve a one-year supervisory probationary period. Failure to successfully complete the supervisory period will result in the employee being reassigned to a position in the agency of no lower grade and pay than the one the employee left to accept the supervisory or managerial position
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596794600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.