If selected you will serve in a vital role to safeguard U.S. agriculture and natural resources in coordination with state officials, other agencies, industry, and colleges, as a federal liaison for plant quarantine programs. The primary work includes exclusion, complex treatments, export activities, permitting and compliance, as well as pest detection.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides specialized predeparture quarantine inspection for non-routine passenger baggage situations.
- Provides recommendations to the supervisor and staff on design and development guidelines, operational standards and procedures; drafts proposals or work plans and financial plans.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts all aspects of operational activities.
- Conducts/oversees pre-pest identification responsibilities (e.g., screening) and has specific knowledge of pest identification and control measures.
- Submits reports which summarize the progress of PPQ's programs.
- Provides technical advice which affects the international, interstate, and intrastate movement of crops, agricultural products, equipment and packing material.
- Serves as accredited certifying official regarding export certification.
Occasional travel - This position may be eligible to telework up to four days per week, based upon the duties of the position. This position may also be eligible for flexible work arrangements as determined by agency policy and any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596744300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.