This is an opportunity for:
- An internal or external candidate to fill a GS-13 cadre position.
- A Federal Government employee to serve on a two-year reimbursable detail assignment in the ODNI. The detail assignment may be extended an additional year if all parties agree.
Current GS employees at the same grade as the advertised position grade may apply.
Former members of the Peace Corps may be considered for ODNI employment only if five full years have elapsed since separation from the Peace Corps.
- For a cadre assignment:
- Current ODNI permanent cadre.
- Current ODNI Staff Reserve Employees. (A staff reserve employee who currently occupies this position may not apply.)
- Current Federal Government employees. (Current GS employees at the same grade as the advertised position grade may apply.)
- Candidates outside the Federal Government.
- For a detailee assignment:
- The ODNI uses a rank-in-person system in which rank is attached to the individual. A selected ODNI candidate or other Federal Government candidate will be assigned to the position at the employee's current GS grade and salary.
- For a selected non-Federal Government candidate, salary will be established within the salary range listed above, based on education and experience.
- A current Federal Government employee, selected for a detail, will be assigned to the position at his or her current grade and salary.
The Office of the Inspector General of the Intelligence community (IC IG) was established within the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) by the Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010. The IC IG's organizational divisions include Audit, Investigations, Inspections and Evaluations, Mission Support, the Center for Protected Disclosures, and Counsel to the Inspector General.
The Audit Division is responsible for providing independent and objective audits of the Intelligence Community and ODNI to promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of programs and operations, and to reduce fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement. Audits are conducted in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (MDRs)
Oversees a small team of auditors performing audits of ODNI operations for compliance with applicable laws or regulations, achievement of program results or economy and efficiency. Audit assignments normally require the auditor to work as a member of a team to independently and objectively analyze and reach conclusions regarding some aspect of IC operations. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Articulates and communicates to the assigned team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and timeframes for completion.
- Coaches the assigned team in the selection and application of appropriate problem solving methods and techniques, provides advice on work methods, practices and procedures, and assists the team and/or individual members in identifying the parameters of a viable solution.
- Leads the assigned team in identifying, distributing, and balancing workload and tasks among employees; and ensuring that each employee has an integral role in developing the final team product.
- Monitors and reports on the status and progress of work checking on work in progress and reviewing complied work to see that the Auditor-in-Charge or supervisor's instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines, and quality have been met.
- Reports to the Auditor-in-Charge or supervisor periodically on team and individual work accomplishments, problems, progress in mastering tasks and work processes, and individual and team training needs.
- Establishes milestones and deadlines for completing assignments, projects, and tasks, and ensures that all team members are aware of and participate in planning for achievement of team goals and objectives.
- Maintains security and accountability of classified information.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596677500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.