What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
This is a temporary appointment not to exceed one year that may be extended for 12 additional months without further competition.
Salary: $79,901 (Step 01) to $103,875 (Step 10);
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
The selectee will be entitled to a cost of living allowance of 4.42% in addition to the basic salary.
As a Biologist within the Pacific Island Ecosystems Research Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Plans and conducts studies and investigations concerning biological, chemical, and physical processes that affect ecology, fishery, and/or wildlife resources.
- Carries out investigations of ecological, fishery and/or wildlife conservation, preservation, and propagation issues.
- Formulates plans for major ecology, wildlife and/or fishery projects to investigate novel biological science problems.
- Conducts project analyses and review results of studies or investigations.
- Operates a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental driver.
Work Environment: Work is performed in an office, laboratory, and/or in the field. The office is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. Temperature and weather extremes may be encountered in the performance of the outdoor work. Field and laboratory duties may require the use of special protective gear. The incumbent is expected to conduct duties in a safe and orderly manner so as not to endanger self, fellow workers, or property with which entrusted.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596658000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.