This position is located in the Office of Cyber Security (JB), Information Technology (J), Chief Administrative Office (N), Bonneville Power Administration (BPA).
The purpose of this position is to serve as a cyber-security specialist, senior program specialist, and technical expert and System Security and Privacy Officer (SSO).Learn more about this agency
As an IT Cybersecurity Specialist, you will:
- Ensure the security and privacy posture is maintained for an organizational system.
- Assist in the development of the system-level security and privacy policies and procedures.
- Participate in reviews and assess all aspects of information and cyber security.
- Integrate privacy and systems security with other security disciplines, requesting systems accreditation and authorization.
- Implement security requirements, such as those resulting from laws, regulations, DOE and DHS Binding Operational Directives and Emergency Orders, and Presidential directives.
- Lead the implementation of security programs designed to anticipate, assess, and minimize any and all system vulnerabilities.
- Develop long-range plans for Systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with Systems vulnerabilities.
- Plan and coordinate the development of specifications to meet security requirements at the general support (GSS) or subsystem level.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596538800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.