About the Position: ERDC-CERL's Sustainment Management System (SMS) is used for infrastructure (buildings, roads, runways, utilities, etc.) assessment and investment projections. Required by DOD and used by others, the SMS currently manages over 1.3 Billion sq. ft. of building space. SMS enables accurate and complete projections of facilities conditions over time. We seek individuals interested in working with our team.Learn more about this agency
- Performs and directs applied research and engineering development leading to sustainable and secure facilities and infrastructure systems for Army installations.
- Applies Engineering and Architectural knowledge to one or more areas such as: transportation systems, MEP building systems, buildings exteriors, structural systems, utility/infrastructure, and POL/Fuels systems.
- Assists in the development and delivery of solutions in facility sustainment including the Sustainment Management System (SMS) BUILDER and PAVER.
- Applies skills and knowledge in areas of data modeling and data analysis; Structured Query Language (SQL); and relational database analysis; and building information modeling (BIM).
- Integrates SMS processes, solutions, and technologies into the business processes and systems of agencies using SMS. Leads project delivery teams including project management, proposal generation and review of contractor proposals.
- Prepares proposals for research and development projects, develops and coordinates project management plans, performs cost estimating for proposals, and leads execution of funded projects.
- Collaborates with the SMS team and SMS Center of Expertise leadership. Represents the SMS Center of Expertise to stakeholders via presentations and publishes technical reports, scholarly papers, and journal articles.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are a must. Requires minimal supervision when only general instruction is provided on the scope and objectives of the studies and research projects.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596538100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.