The incumbent serves as an IT Specialist, IT Digital Advisor, in the OIT Front Office, CTO, Digital Experience Office. The incumbent is responsible for developing and executing a wide variety of IT initiatives in support of VA strategic priorities that span across the enterprise and require the use of modern digital delivery best practices.Learn more about this agency
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs and/or Hiring Manager request.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
651 - Enterprise Architect - Systems Architecture
804 - IT Investment/Portfolio Manager - Acquisition and Program/Project Mgt
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD18493A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is largely sedentary. The incumbent must possess the flexibility and versatility of mind necessary to defend and negotiate matters involving significant controversial issues. May be required to work under stressful conditions, such as long hours, to complete sensitive and urgent work assignments.
- Plans, and manages broad, emerging, and/or critical large-scale agency programs, serves as an expert throughout the agency on major nation-wide/government-wide program issues of Congressional interest, involving unprecedented factual concerns, requiring balancing of conflicting interests of extreme intensity involving future program and product application of the program's product or results, or because the extreme magnitude of the program ultimately affects the Nation's economy or foreign economies.
- Responsible for implementing major transformations of enterprise-wide VA digital services, operating policies and procedures, standards and related reporting systems as indicated by the Senior Director of DSVA.
- Serves as an expert and key technical policy advisor to the Director of the Digital Service, the CTO and the CIO, and other senior leadership on IT management and related regulation, legislation and policy.
- Manages the development or implementation of IT plans and procedures and ensures appropriate product-related training and documentation is developed and made available to customers.
- Plans and conducts pioneering work in their area of technology and/or technology policy to operationalize new IT systems data, content, and policy using industry best practices in security, scalability, and availability to improve the reliability of application framework to deliver interoperable digital services and business using knowledge of latest consumer internet technologies and technology management approaches leveraging economies of scale.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for up to 10%
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596529400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.