This position is part of the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Office. The incumbent of this position is responsible for projects associated with Power Africa initiatives and/or other energy-related projects.Learn more about this agency
- Conducts industry-specific research and administrative services to facilitate the evaluation of Power Africa and other energy-related development projects in Africa.
- Evaluates the potential of development projects to impact U.S. exports and job creation; promote host country economic development; receive implementation financing; and support USG foreign policy priorities.
- Makes preliminary determinations of the project?s ability to meet USTDA funding criteria.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with embassy officials, government officials, and private sector representatives in the U.S. and assigned countries.
- Represents the Agency in a variety of forums related to Power Africa to provide information about, explain, advocate, and defend USTDA program activities.
- Tracks ongoing and completed Power Africa and energy-related projects to assess commercial and developmental impact, assist Evaluations Office with monitoring project developments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596370300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.