As a TRIAL ATTORNEY (CR) at the GS-0905-13, you will be part of the Office of General Counsel, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. If selected, you will have the full range of responsibilities for preparing and litigating employment discrimination cases under all of the federal statues enforced by the EEOC.Learn more about this agency
Click here for the OPM Salaries and Wages to review specific locality pay.
- Reviewing charge files and recommending the initiation of litigation
- Filing petitions for compliance with administrative subpoenas
- Seeking temporary injunctive relief
- Filing motions to obtain compliance with court orders, decrees, and pre-suit settlement agreements
- Prosecuting cases while ensuring consistency with EEOC litigation policies and judicial precedents
- Conducting discovery for litigation in federal court
- Preparing and presenting motions, responses and oral arguments to the courts
- Preparing pretrial and post-trial briefs and materials
- Conducting all facets of trials in federal courts
- Providing formal and informal legal advice and memoranda to agency personnel
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596340700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.