The Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) requires current Federal government civilian employees for 30 to 120-day deployment details to support ORR at facilities for unaccompanied children. Details will involve contact with migrant children and a variety of federal and non-federal entities, possibly including HHS, DHS, American Red Cross, and other Federal employees. This is a reimbursable detail. Travel, lodging and per diem will be provided by ORR. The detail is not a promotion opportunity.Learn more about this agency
Field Program Specialist (All grade levels will be considered)
Responsibilities May Include:
- Preferred Spanish proficiency as well as those familiar with indigenous dialects spoken in Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and/or El Salvador.
- Maintain line of sight and supervision of children.
- Assess the needs of unaccompanied children in care.
- Interview unaccompanied children in CBP custody and collect contact information for parents in home country and family members in the US.
- Efficiently collect and provide information to ORR to enable the National Call Center to begin contacting parents and family members to expedite children's discharge to a US family member sponsor.
- Assist CBP and ORR in identifying children requiring prioritization for placement based on vulnerable category or time in CBP custody.
76% or greater - Full time Detail (on location only - this is not a remote detail)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596318100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.