The position serves as a program technical advisor in the application of statistical theories, techniques and methods of gathering and/or interpreting quantified information on various scientific and public health issues and programs.Learn more about this agency
As a Mathematical Statistician (Direct Hire) you will:
- Develop methods and selection techniques to conduct methodological research to improve sample surveys or experimental designs.
- Conduct evaluations of data collection, reduction, processing and analysis methodologies.
- Collect, verify, and adjust various health related information (eg., diabetes, cancer, injury prevention, infectious diseases, etc.) expressed numerically and/or graphically and prepares guidelines or training manuals.
- Use standard data collection statistical tools and methods to collect and analyze program specific related data.
- Apply mathematical techniques and perform computerized analyses to determine the adequacy of collected public health data needed to resolve scientific problems, and modify existing techniques and practices to the applicable program.
- Develop databases to identify scientific and/or health-related trends.
- Determine cause-effect relationships between environmental, social, and other health factors.
- Plan and conduct scientific or health-related data collection.
- Develop standardized periodic reports of the prevalence and incidence of the specific health program assignment vs. complications and contributing factors, and use of claims, cost of health care survey data for health services research.
- Perform evaluation of methodology used in specified health program studies to ensure the results are valid and reliable.
- Provide advice and assistance for statistical projects or studies that are new or significant departures from the relationships established in previous problems, studies, or investigations, resulting in outcomes that are usually original in nature.
- Evaluate data resulting from the application of mathematical statistical tools, models, methods and techniques to the public health area.
- Design and develop mathematical statistical models, methods, and/or techniques such as sample and survey designs for related data collection.
- Perform other duties as required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to 10% domestic travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596310400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.