If selected as a Veterinary Medical Officer Liaison in Veterinary Services (VS), Field Operations (FiOps), you will be responsible for the full range of disease diagnosis, control, and eradication and animal health and care activities within specified counties and states. Your development and/or recommendation of new veterinary medical or program procedures may significantly affect state-federal disease control programs nationwide.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity. The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assigns and reviews the work of staff to ensure timely performance, soundness, and value.
- Handles any employee conduct matters or complaints that arise.
- Planning, coordinating, adapting, and modifying medical and program procedures to deal with animals, aquatic species, birds, and poultry infected with or exposed to contagious diseases.
- Developing and recommending new procedures and practices for properly releasing, retaining, or quarantining problem animals.
- Inspecting and examining animals, aquatic species, birds, and poultry for evidence of persistent or recurrent disease conditions and for the probable causes and effects.
- Diagnosing the clinical symptoms of herds and flocks to identify specific diseases, advising producer to seek treatment of animals, and recommending preventive care.
- Certifying the health of livestock, poultry, aquatic species, and their byproducts to be exported to other countries.
- Supervising subordinates more than 25% of the time including, but not limited to, recruitment, selecting, appraising, rewarding, addressing performance problems, and fostering an inclusive workplace.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596142800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.