This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Full Performance Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA OC/4ENO Directorate (FE-252).
- Serving as a technical expert on the Network Operations Team and resolves network issues on the DISANet/DoDNet.
- Applying and maintaining the configuration of standard DISANet/DoDNet hardware and operating system software.
- Reviewing and studying software systems, programs, and packages developed by other organizations or commercial vendors for implementation on the DISANet/DoDNet.
- Managing, arranging, directing, and participating in tests and implementations of all modifications according to the baseline architecture.
- Coordinating various aspects of network modifications with the user community, network operations, E-Mail operations, DISA Help Desk, and other personnel within DISC and DISA.
- Assisting in the establishment of policies and procedures for assigned networks/systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596110500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.