This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.Learn more about this agency
Must be able to obtain a Secret (Tier 3) security clearance and must be able to maintain the required level of clearance while employed in the subject position.
The incumbent will be responsible for leading and performing technical and analytical work pertaining to acquisition, testing, integration, installation, utilization, maintenance, modification of IT network systems, facilities, services, and procedures. Ensure that the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision, and values are integrated into goals, objectives, work plans, work products, and services performing the following duties:
- Diagnoses and resolves problems in response to reported incidents to minimize downtime.- Research, evaluate, and provide feedback on problematic trends and patterns in network systems to improve operational capability. Develop and implement support procedures and standards to ensure consistent mythology across the enterprise.
- Install, configure, integrate, troubleshoot, optimize and maintain Commission hardware and software to maximize system availability.
- Develops cost estimates for new and or modified systems to plan for budget formulation and execution.
- Ensures the integration and availability of all systems components, e.g., procedures, databases, policies, software, and hardware.
- Analyzes, plans, designs, develops, integrates, and schedules network systems hardware and software installations consistent with existing or planned network infrastructures.
- Interacts with internal and external stakeholders as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) to provide IT guidance, IT system-related issues and solutions.
- Promotes and educates stakeholders on the enterprise architecture's use and value to ensure compatibility and security compliance.
- Consults with business partners to identify, define and recommend IT solutions to enhance productivity.
- Prepare reports and maintain records of work accomplishments and administrative information, as required, and coordinate the preparation, presentation, and communication of work-related information to the supervisor.
- Report to the supervisor periodically as needed on work accomplishments, problems, progress in mastering tasks, work processes, and individual and team training needs.
- Monitor and report on the status and progress of work, check on work in progress, and review completed work to follow-up on supervisor's instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines, and quality, ensuring goals are met.
- Select and apply appropriate problem-solving methods and techniques, provides advice on work methods, practices, and procedures, assist the team and individual members in identifying the viable solution parameters.
- Consults with management to obtain resources and secure needed information or decisions on major work problems and issues that arise.
- Accesses organizational strengths and weaknesses, provide leadership to the team to explore alternatives and determine improvements.
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems with the design and delivery of network systems and services.
- Resolves hardware/software interface and interoperability problems. Monitors network performance and takes proactive measures to address concerns.
- Train or arrange for the team's training to accomplish tasks or projects, provide or manage specific administrative or technical training necessary to achieve individual and group functions.
- Serve as a coach, facilitator, and negotiator in coordinating team initiatives and in consensus-building activities among team members.
- Represent the team consensus and convey the team's findings and recommendations in meetings and dealings with other team leaders, program officials, and other business partners on issues related to or impact the team's objectives, work products, and tasks.
- Estimate and report to the section on progress in meeting established milestones and deadlines for completing assignments, projects, and duties and ensuring those appropriate team members are aware of goals and objectives.
The incumbent will be required to access and maintain a system administrator-level account, which allows for full network, server, and workstation access to sensitive information and sensitive systems. Sensitive information includes but is not limited to trade secrets with national security impact, confidential communication, investigatory material, financial records, disciplinary records, performance records, and personally identifiable information.
The incumbent will be required to obtain a CORE Level 1 certification within the first 180 day of duty and obtain and maintain a Level 2 certified within 1 year of taking the position.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596058300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.