This position is located in Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, National Maritime Center, Mariner Training and Assessment Division, Martinsburg, WV.Learn more about this agency
As a Marine Transportation Specialist, this position serves as a maritime subject matter expert for all mariner training needs and requirements related to the administration of Coast Guard approved courses and programs in support of the U.S. Mariner Credentialing Program (MCP). Supervises a team of subject matter experts in the analysis and development of training requirements and the review and approval of all mariner training necessary to obtain and maintain a Merchant Mariner Credential including both National and Standards of Training Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers Endorsements.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a value member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments includes:
• Providing leadership and direction for the Course Approval Branch and other National Maritime Center staff.
• Evaluating and overseeing all aspects of merchant mariner credentialing training approvals and assessment activities and improving services while maintaining high productivity.
• Planning, assigning, and reviewing work according to the capabilities and limitations of the staff.
• Providing authoritative and concise replies to other government agencies and the general public on all matters concerning the regulations, policy and other guidelines related to the NMC's management of course/program approval and certified assessor records.
• Reconciling contradictions, conflicts and inconsistencies in the handling and processing of course/program approvals and assessor certification.
NOTE: This announcement, which closes on September 23, 2021, has the following cut-off dates: April 22, May 24, June 23, July 23, Aug 23, and Sep 23, 2021.
Applications received by 11:59EST on September 23, 2021 will be reviewed for consideration and those deemed qualified in accordance with merit promotion procedures will be referred to management for consideration. Applications received after the initial cut-off date will be considered as needed.
If no selections are determined to be made as the announcement closing approaches, the announcement may be extended to obtain additional candidates and a new closing date will be established and posted on USAJOBS.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596005900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.