This position is a scientific position, with an emphasis on public health informatics. This is a standard position and can be located in various Centers/Institutes/Offices throughout CDC/ATSDR. The primary purpose of the position is to perform a variety of scientific activities and analyses related to health care informatics in various public health program areas.Learn more about this agency
As a Health Scientist (Informatics), you will:
- Provide expert scientific advice, consultation and leadership in designing, coordinating and maintaining public health informatics project goals, objectives and priorities within a CIO and/or CDC/ATSDR and in the general public health community.
- Implement scientific policies and procedures on informatics practices and principles.
- Serve as an expert, providing scientific advice and consultation on solutions to critical problems that require creating new approaches, and standards to be used within the applicable CIO.
- Coordinate the sharing of health related informational materials so that scientific advice and assistance is shared.
- Develop strategies to meet short and long-range goals for the applicable program and assures that strategies reflect most promising directions in research, preventive, and clinical approaches as it relates to public health informatics.
- Apply new methods, approaches, and technology to new and unusual situations and these methods have broad applications in the field.
- Collaborate and provides expert scientific advice to a variety of nation-wide and international organizations to synthesize, and implement informatics policies and directions for future development.
- Collaborate with and provides expert advice to all organizational levels with the agency, as well as with various state health agencies, and partner organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 5% or less domestically for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595994300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.