What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
Salary: $77,488 (Step 01) to $100,739 (Step 10);
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
This is an interdisciplinary position and is being advertised concurrently with the following announcements:
Open to current or former Federal employees: USGS-DEN-21-11063988-ST-BWB
As a Research Ecologist/Wildlife Biologist (Assistant Unit Leader) within the Alabama Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, some of your specific duties will include:
- Plans, conducts, and directs research related to wildlife or ecological resources, with application to contemporary science, policy and management needs.
- Conducts research that is cooperator driven and provides scientific basis for management and policy decisions.
- Serves as subject matter expert in fish and wildlife ecology, providing leadership and guidance to government and private agencies and university representatives through participation in meetings, conferences and work groups.
- Disseminate research results via final reports, peer reviewed print scientific journals, online scientific journals, books, book chapters or other outlets. Make presentations on findings to scientific and conservation organizations.
- Serves as graduate faculty member, contributing to both the research, graduate student mentorship, and teaching mission of the university.
- Operates a government vehicle as an incidental driver.
Preferred candidates will have experience conducting applied research pertaining to the ecology and management of upland game birds. Other areas of interest include but are not limited to: (1) the spatial and temporal ecology of wildlife populations, (2) metapopulation dynamics of animals across the landscape including estimation of demographic parameters and rate functions, (3) use of remote sensing and other techniques relevant to understand and monitor the spatial distribution of animals.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 5 nights per month
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595985800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.