This position is located within United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Field Organization,Learn more about this agency
Northeast Area, Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, Genetic Improvement of Fruits & Vegetables in Orono, Maine.
The incumbent performs routine and recurring techniques and studies using a variety of specialized equipment, and assists in one or more phases of the research process by performing a variety of technical duties.
- Collects, prepares, evaluates, and verifies samples and supporting records.
- Performs biological techniques such as tissue culture or DNA extraction.
- Maintains records and locates and compiles data and other information from various sources.
- Keep detailed records of experimental data.
- Maintains, calibrates and modifies equipment and automated systems used for test and evaluation procedures.
- Tabulates, statistically analyzes and summarizes data using personal computers and software packages.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595947200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.