Announcement Amendment: This announcement has been amended to extend the closing date to April 9, 2021.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the Library Services and Content Management, Government Publishing Office in Washington, District of Columbia
The Selectee will work shift 1 .
This position is located in Library Services and Content Management (LSCM), Library Technical Services (LTIS).
Additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement.
- Life cycle management of Federal Government publications: performs a wide variety of technical services tasks associated with all aspects of life cycle management of government information within LTS.
- Work specifically requires the incumbent to learn workflows including processes and procedures associated with content acquisitions, bibliographic control, library technical services support, serials management and quality control.
- Content Acquisitions: identifies appropriate Federal Government information resources (monographs, serials, and other formats) to be acquired for all Programs in LSCM.
- Performs outreach functions, including contacting agencies and monitoring agency Web sites, in order to identify, acquire and process Federal Government information products.
- Catalogs U.S. Government publications in tangible and electronic formats. In doing so, incumbent performs original and derived (copy cataloging) to include descriptive and subject cataloging, PURL assignments, and archiving tasks.
- Uses the Integrated Library System (ILS) , including the acquisitions, bibliographic control and serials modules and other services associated with ILS (OPAC-Catalog of U.S. Government Publications, http://catalog.gpo.gov).
- Performs classification of acquired information products using the Superintendent of Documents classification system and assigns Federal depository item numbers for Federal Depository Library acquisitions purposes.
- Uses knowledge of library technical service processes to make contributions to improve library technical services (LTS) operations.
- Serials Management: identifies information products that are serials and processes accordingly.
- Under direction of the Administrative Librarian for Serials, works to resolve routine problems in serials control involving bibliographic records and holdings.
- Customer Outreach: handles inquiries from libraries in the FDLP via Ask-GPO by researching and answering questions concerning issues related to acquisitions, cataloging, serials control and information product processing.
- Perform Team Assignments: serves on cross-organizational teams and works on projects and tasks assignments related to application/tool development, quality control and business process improvement initiatives.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595689700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.