Due to current hiring restrictions in place, selections will need DHHS approval before a final offer may be extended. Updates will be provided to help keep you informed throughout the process.Learn more about this agency
The Office of the Director in the National Institutes of Health is seeking exceptional candidates for the position of Director, Office of Management Assessment (OMA). This is a career Federal position in the Senior Executive Service. See "Responsibilities" section for a list of the major responsibilities.
- This position offers a unique and exciting opportunity to serve as a key member of the OD leadership team
- Provides broad management oversight and advice to the Deputy Director for Management and the Institutes and Centers on risk assessment, management reviews, corrective actions, and NIH-wide management activities related to regulations.
- Provides centralized management survey and review capability to promote program integrity.
- Provides broad management oversight and advice to the Deputy Director for Management on delegations of authority, FAIR Act and Privacy Act requirements, records and forms management, organizational and functional analysis, and policy issuances.
- Serves as the NIH central liaison for audits, evaluations, and investigations conducted by the Government Accountability Office, the DHHS Office of Inspector General, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Congressional staff members and others.
- Develops and implements policy and the Annual Management Control Plan related to management controls to prevent fraud, waste, abuse and conflict of interest.
- Produces NIH's annual FMFIA Statement of Assurance to ensure activities are well supported, analyzed for material weaknesses or reportable conditions, and followed up on corrective action plans.
- Assumes lead responsibility for reviewing allegations received through the DHHS Office of Inspector General Hotline that are referred to NIH for action.
- OMA has a staff of approximately 74 FTE employees and contractors with an annual budget of approximately $14 million.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595498900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.