We encourage you to read the attire announcement before submitting your application.Learn more about this agency
This assignment is a minimum of at least 120 consecutive days and a maximum of one year. This is a virtual assignment until the end of the detail.
This assignment is with Department of Homeland Security, Headquarters, Office of Operations Coordination.
- Provide interpretive and enforcement assistance with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) security policies DHS Management Directive (MD) 4300A as it relates to the security authorization of unclassified OPS systems
- Ensure adherence to the DHS Secure Baseline Configuration Guides (DHS 4300A Sensitive Systems Handbook)
- Validate all Component information system security reporting
- Provides guidance and takes the lead for any or all system remediation actions
- Oversee the Security Authorization process for the Component
- Acknowledge receipt of Information System Vulnerability Management (ISVM) messages, report compliance with requirements, or notify applicants of the granting of waivers
- Assist Office of the Chief Information Security Officer (OCISO) Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)s in navigating Information Assurance Compliance System (ACS)/Continuum to accurately reflect system security documentation
- Ensure that all Component Systems meet all federal guidelines (NIST 800.53) and other applicable documents
- Provide prioritized task to the Component technical personnel to minimize duplicative work and maximum efficiency
- Provide the System Owner and ISSM for all Component Information Technology Systems a System Status Report (SSR) weekly at a minimum
- Ensure accuracy and thoroughness of Plan of Actions & Milestones (POAM) reporting to OCISO
- Ensure that the Information System Categorization is accurate and if not make corrections via the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 199 process management by the OCISO
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595444300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.