THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE 2021 HURRICANE SEASON. YOU MAY NEED TO REAPPLY NEXT YEAR IF INTERESTED IN WORKING FOR ODA DURING THE 2022 HURRICANE SEASON. THIS POSITION'S MAIN OFFICE IS BASED IN FT. WORTH, TX; HOWEVER IS ELIGIBLE TO TELEWORK AT ANY LOCATION IN THE UNITED STATES PER CURRENT AGENCY POLICY. FINAL PAY RATE WILL BE DETERMINED BY EMPLOYEE'S HOME ADDRESS.Learn more about this agency
As an Paralegal Specialist at the GS-0950-9/11, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Research and provide interpretation of the disaster loan program's laws, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures to provide guidance and support to program managers and loan officers.
- Review draft loan authorizations for all loans, as required, and for cases involving non-routine conditions, facts or other circumstances.
- Ensure loan application compliance with legal requirements, eligibility, capacity, and authority of the borrowers to incur debt, validity of proposed pledge of collateral etc.
- Use computer based systems to identify if all needed loan closing documents are received and to provide necessary instructions for proper creation of documents by others.
- Address inquiries and concerns of borrowers and their authorized representatives regarding legal issues and requirements of closing and legal basis of various terms, conditions and collateral requirements
- Additional locality pay may be added to the above salary based on the employee's residence or work location.
- By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
- This position is telework eligible as determined by agency policy.
Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595270100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.