About the Position: Serves as either a developmental or senior Hydrologic Specialist responsible for Civil Works, Military projects such as flood control; water supply; wildlife preservation; recreation; hydro power; environmental enhancement; ground water, and water quality.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: Recruitment incentives, including student loan repayment, may be offered to highly qualified candidates.
- This is a developmental position. The duties of this position lead to the full performance level of GS-XXXX-12.
- Typical GS-12 Duties:
- Establishes, and controls technical policies, procedures and basic guidelines for the preparation of meteorological, hydro-logical, and water management portions of planning studies, reconnaissance and feasibility studies, and design memorandum.
- Determines work schedules, funding requirements, criteria to be used, extent of coordination required, and considerations to be given to unique and special functional meteorological, hydro-logical, and water management requirements.
- Performs hydro meteorological investigations as they pertain to the effects on precipitation, runoff, stream flow, downstream conditions, water use requirements, other types of improvements and flood control, and multi-purpose reservoir space.
- Implements and uses Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for studies requiring surface water hydrologic modeling.
- Establishes a quality assurance/quality control program (QA/QC) and monitors work in progress to assure QA/QC, budget administration, achievement of scheduled work by established deadlines and providing technical guidance.
- Prepares status reports, project study plans, quality control plans, and documentation of work performed.
Occasional travel - Business Travel (TDY) is approximately 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595266100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.