You will serve as a BOTANIST in the Natural Resource Division, Environment and Management Department of MARINE CORPS AIR STATION MIRAMAR.Learn more about this agency
- You will survey for and evaluate impacts to rare and endangered plants and wetlands, including vernal pools.
- You will work with military installation stakeholders, liaison and consult with regulatory agencies, and communicate with members of technical and professional groups and organizations.
- You will be knowledgeable of geographic information systems, remote sensing (including global positioning systems, aerial photo interpretation), computer databases, and software for planning and managing soil, wetland, and botanical resources.
- You will be skillful in interpreting environmental laws, regulations, policies, and guidelines to support compliance, standard operating procedures, and planning, with special emphasis on threatened and endangered species.
- You will have knowledge of Southern California ecosystems and ecology, with special emphasis on plant identification, associated enhancement methodologies, and fire management
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595232600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.