Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and U.S. Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.Learn more about this agency
View the Common Definitions of terms found in this announcement.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Office of Inspector General (DHS OIG). The OIG conducts and supervises independent audits, investigations, and inspections of the programs and operations of DHS, and recommends ways for DHS to carry out its responsibilities in the most effective, efficient, and economical manner possible. We also seek to deter, identify and address fraud, abuse, mismanagement, and waste of taxpayer funds invested in Homeland Security.
Being a Auditor makes you a valuable member of the OIG, Office of Audit. You will participate in audits and the review of allegations of fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement of funds. Typical assignments include:
- Researching and preparing proposals for future department-wide audits, inspections and evaluations and/or investigations.
- Preparing various types of reports, briefings, and testimony that cover all major management aspects of DHS programs..
- Conducts broad program assignments requiring integrated analysis of a number of management programs, systems, and operations.
- Assures that work papers are prepared in accordance with OIG procedures and other appropriate guidance.
- Developing new approaches where no precedents exist and/or developing creative solutions to controversial problems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595199700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.