Nine (9) positions will be filled from this announcement. To be considered for any or all of these locations, please verify that the appropriate duty location is selected.Learn more about this agency
These positions are located on a Forest Service unit with responsibility for accomplishing a variety of support services.
Please see Additional Information section for location specific information.
- Utilize automated systems to initiate personnel requests, annual performance ratings, local recruitment efforts, and new employee orientation to support the unit.
- Advise unit personnel on applicable laws, regulations, directives, and policies to correctly accomplish administrative tasks.
- Utilize computer software to prepare reports, graphics, spreadsheets, database queries, charts, interoffice mail, etc., to complete assigned work tasks.
- Handle the review and routing of correspondence; including mail, faxes, and documents to support unit communication needs.
- Evaluate data from invoices and receipts to update and balance the budget.
- Establish annual operating budget by collecting data to analyze the cost of project proposals, staff levels and procurement of goods and services needed to support the unit's objectives.
- Handle procurement requests for office supplies and equipment needed to support unit employees.
- Prepare budget requests for administrative operations, front desk operations and facility maintenance to keep unit functioning efficiently.
- Establish and communicate guidelines and performance requirements to employees.
- Perform administrative and human resources management functions for the unit such as providing advice, counsel or instruction on both administrative and work matters.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for meetings, trainings, and/or project related work.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595174300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.