About the Position: Leads technical teams in delivering Engineering Division (ED) products for Civil Works (CW) projects in the Sacramento District (SPK). Projects can include dam or levee improvements for the purpose of flood risk reduction and/or dam/levee safety assurance, habitat features for the purpose of aquatic ecosystem restoration or habitat mitigation, and/or reservoir reoperation with the intent of better meeting authorized purposes and a goal of integrated water resource management.Learn more about this agency
- Applies substantial engineering knowledge and civil works project experience to plan and coordinate the staffing, scoping, scheduling and budgeting of interdisciplinary efforts by engineering resources and contractors.
- Facilitates the execution of these efforts within established project delivery milestones by working with a project team to prioritize effort, resolve conflicts, and manage risk and change.
- Assures engineering product quality by ensuring quality control activities are planned, accomplished and documented by responsible parties per the agency's civil works review policy.
- Works closely with Project Managers on Sacramento District's largest and/or complex water resources projects in feasibility, design, construction or operation phases.
- Serves as a Contracting Officer Representative on Architect-Engineer and technical service contracts.
- Recent/current example projects include the following:
- Folsom Dam Joint Federal Project Auxiliary Spillway,
- American River Common Features,
- Natomas Basin Levee Improvements,
- Isabella Dam Safety Modifications,
- Lower Cache Creek Feasibility Study,
- Yuba River Ecosystem Restoration Study,
- and Folsom Dam Water Control Manual Update.
Occasional travel - Business Travel (TDY) is approximately 30% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595078500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.