About the Position: Position is located Installation Management Command, Army Environmental Command, Fort Sam Houston TX, providing critical support to Army and Department of Defense operations by reducing the quantity of hazardous materials and all types of waste generation on the installation to protect public health, welfare, and the environment. This interdisciplinary position may be filled under the following series, depending on the needs of the agency 0401, 0801, 0810, 0819, 0893, or 1301Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for assessing Army operations and environmental compliance at installations worldwide and recommending innovative solutions to sustain mission readiness.
- Evaluate proposed and promulgated State and Federal environmental regulations and prepares impacts analyses.
- Provide support to Installations, US Army Environmental Command, Army Headquarters, by interpreting and advising on complying with State, Federal and Army environmental regulations necessary to resolve environmental non-compliance issues.
- Create a collaborative work environment with diverse groups (scientific, technical and non-technical) to promote constructive teamwork among participants with different perspectives.
- Provide support regarding compliance with Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Hazardous Waste, Solid Waste, Regulated Medical Waste, Hazardous Material and applicable Federal, State, and Army regulations.
- Conduct and/or lead on site compliance assessment of Army installations and activities under the Environmental Performance Assessments System (EPAS) Program.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595045000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.