The Office of Congressional Workplace Rights (OCWR) seeks an individual to serve as an integral part of the organization in the role of the Web and Communications Specialist. This is a new position.Learn more about this agency
This position serves to develop, implement, support, and maintain OCWR's website (https://www.ocwr.gov/) and related content; assist with the drafting, design, and production of OCWR materials; and administratively support the OCWR Outreach and Education Team.
This position is located in the Office of Congressional Workplace Rights, Office of the Executive Director, and reports to the Deputy Executive Director of the House of Representatives.
The individual in this role will primarily perform the following major duties:
- Provide continued development and support for the OCWR's website. Prior experience is required.
- Oversee the OCWR's website contractor to define scope of work, provide detailed schedules and updated content, and monitor progress.
- Ensure 508 compliance is met while implementing features and content.
- Troubleshoot and resolve user issues with online training modules within the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Assist in the layout, update, and design of reports, e-newsletters, information sheets, and PowerPoints.
- Assist with social media tools such as Facebook and Twitter, online websites/blogs/intranets, and video platforms such as Vimeo and YouTube as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of special events internal and external to the OCWR (i.e., outreach events, including training and award ceremonies).
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Provide technical support to the OCWR Education and Outreach Team.
- Keep up-to-date with the best practices and programs in writing for the web, social media, web design, and business/industry trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned to include administrative support for the Education and Outreach program.
The supervisor establishes the overall objectives and resources that are available. The employee is responsible for planning and carrying out assignments independently and resolving most conflicts without the supervisor's intervention. The employee is skillful in interpreting and applying available guidelines as needed. The employee keeps the supervisor informed of progress and potentially controversial situations. Completed work is reviewed and evaluated for effectiveness in meeting objectives.
Scope and Impact:
The work involves dealing with a variety of projects and/or situations within the parameters of established office policies to inform and assist covered individuals and employing offices of the legislative branch of the federal government and to promote the work of the OCWR. The work facilitates other processes and work products, has impact that extends to the entire OCWR office, and may affect administrative interfaces with other entities. The employee has contact with clients/customers, the general public, in addition to OCWR staff to exchange ideas and provide information, coordinate work, and make recommendations.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594982000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.