You will serve as a Technical Information Specialist in the Office of Naval Intelligence Collections Office (N3), Command Research Center (N34) of OFFICE OF NAVAL INTELLIGENCE.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the National Maritime Intelligence Center in Suitland, MD.
- You will provide support for Library functions including: cataloging, circulation, responding to reference questions, and collection management.
- You will identify and recommend books and serials for acquisition.
- You will assist customers with access to collection holdings, online resources, and information services.
- You will identify and provide charts and maps in response to requests.
- You will complete on-the-job and formal training that are designed to equip the incumbent with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform routine activities that will lead up to the next career progression grade level.
- You will assist customers in the use of library resources by locating materials (e.g., books, reports, periodicals), and showing users how to find items in the public access catalog, and answering a wide range of ready reference questions.
- You will perform duties pertaining to interlibrary loans.
- You will work with customers to determine library service requirements and acquire information through procurement process to fulfill those requirements.
- You will perform purchase requests and review incoming orders for correctness and completeness.
- You will track and report expenditures for library service requests and maintain record keeping of reports in the database.
- You will ensure Library requests are provided in the proper format, customer requests are addressed in a timely manner, reports meet standards and disseminated in a timely manner in the directed format, and tradecraft skills are updated as necessary.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594642200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.