In this position you will be responsible for the overall administrative management activities of the office you are assigned which includes fiscal and budget, travel, payroll, procurement and supply, property, personnel, data processing, records and mail management; you are part of an overall administrative team for the state.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews historical data and collects information using cost-benefit analysis techniques to determine new and recurring fiscal needs.
- Tracks employee hours by accounting codes, prepares monthly budget estimates, salary and benefit reports, and spreadsheets.
- Electronically creates procurement documents, prepares procurement requests for forms, publications, equipment, services and supplies.
- Prepares forms and documents, maintains logs, manages office calendars, receives visitors, directs calls, and maintains an inventory of property.
- Makes purchases per policy guidelines, manages purchase card personal accounts and reconciles transactions.
- Utilizes an automated timekeeping system in order to review individual timesheets for adherence to accurate/complete recording of time in pay status, and that proper leave documents are submitted.
- provides advice and technical guidance to the supervisor and employees on recruitment procedures, personnel actions, WGIs, performance appraisals, learning contracts, etc.
- Administers new employee orientation and provides assistance with forms, identifies training, and provides advice on various Agency regulations, guidance, and work and/or administrative processes.
- Utilizes knowledge of travel regulations, policies and procedures in order to disseminate information and provide training to travelers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594624700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.