About the Position: This position is located at Fort Hamilton in southern New York City, Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, at the base of the world famous Verrazano Narrows Bridge. It is 20 minutes to mid-town Manhattan. Since Spring 1998, the Fort Hamilton Military Community has been home to the North Atlantic Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; New York City Recruiting Battalion; and New York Military Entrance Processing Station. Commuter buses and trains are readily accessible from this location.Learn more about this agency
- Conducts engineering analysis and provides recommendations for solution and path of accomplishment. Uses automated systems to develop and program work control reviews.
- Serves as technical consultant to directorate personnel to identify and solve complex issues involving various aspects of installation, operations, and maintenance for HVAC control, and other designated mechanical systems.
- Performs technical review of contractor-prepared designs and specifications to ensure various agency and installation requirements are met.
- Conducts sampling plans and surveillance procedures, procedure checklists, and other guidelines for use in monitoring contractor performance.
- Develops inspection reports, reviews activity manager comments, and other sources of information concerning contractor performance to identify performance trends and problems, and recommends action to correct problems.
- Evaluates program effectiveness, including performance in accordance with established schedules, timely execution of unscheduled and/or high priority projects, satisfactory quality of work and adequacy of internal procedures and controls.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594555400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.