The NIH Library is pleased to announce an exciting employment opportunity for an exceptional candidate to serve as coordinator for the NIH Library Bioinformatics Support Program, helping researchers and staff to learn and apply bioinformatics analysis techniques to their research. If you have experience providing information services and instruction in a clinical or biomedical research setting and want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining our team.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as the team leader and coordinator for bioinformatics, identifying goals and objectives and developing strategies to meet them.
- Recommends guidelines, policies, and procedures; and, ensures that administrative tasks, such as collecting, analyzing, and reporting statistics which document the service levels and trends in service provision, are accomplished.
- Coordinates bioinformatics classes from outside vendors and guest speakers for NIH researchers and staff, including developing and delivering a program of instruction in the use of bioinformatics databases and analytical tools.
- Teaches NIH researchers and staff to use a range of bioinformatics databases and various analytical tools related to the following areas: sequence analysis, similarity searching, structural analysis, gene expression, and text/data mining.
- Acts as information advisor and consultant to NIH branches and laboratories to aid them in locating, accessing, identifying, and managing information.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594426800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.